Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology job in Dayton, Ohio.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO and
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Dedication Program Manager to support your employment
Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology Job Overview:
- Set up, operate and monitor specialized medical equipment.
- Function independently in administering treatments and procedures, and in using endoscopy equipment. Treatments include IV sedation (Conscious Sedation), IV cannulation and therapy (including antibiotics and blood products).
- Procedures include assisting with endoscopy procedures, as needed, pH probe insertion and monitoring, prepping patients for procedures. Recovering patients from sedation effects is needed for specific patients (i.e. Patient on isolation precautions are recovered in the clinic).
- Work proactively with the Gastroenterology (GI) Lab team to continually assess patient's discharge planning needs and ensure timely discharge of patient.
- Transfer patients to the recovery area and recover patients in the Gastroenterology Recovery Unit.
- Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: intravenous fluid administration, oxygen administration, vital signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Gastroenterology Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN), highly preferred.
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- RN License: Current, full, active, and unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- Two years experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical, GI, or critical care inpatient setting within the last three years, preferred.
- One year experience in post anesthesia/sedation, preferred.
Spring 2019 contract start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals.
Keyphrases: gastroenterology jobs, gastroenterologist jobs, gastro jobs, gastroenterologist associates jobs, pediatric gastroenterology jobs, pediatric gastroenterologist jobs
Associated topics: domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse rn, psychatric, surgery, surgical, tcu, unit