Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Procurement Director - VAVE and Design to Value to join our team. This position is a global role based at our Beachwood, OH, Moon Township, PA or Budapest, HU facilities.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our Supply Chain function, the Procurement Director - VAVE and Design to Value is responsible for global deployment and execution of systems and tools to drive a Design to Value Process (DtV) at Eaton. This leader will be responsible for the creation of the process, the playbook, data governance and the overall strategy for successfully implementing DtV.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
You will ensure a robust review of current and new designs to optimize the bill of material and increase Eaton's success in driving cost out of its products.
* You will design a component standardization process in alignment with Engineering, and Operations to drive higher reuse of standard components across Eaton to create higher leverage and scale.
* You will coordinate with the EIIC Engineering Center to create a Center of Excellence (CoE) focused on optimizing designs, recommending cost reduction ideas, supporting testing requirements and performing full validation and PPAP execution of the changes.
* You will create of a process to conduct competitive tear downs of key competitor products at the CoE and provide insight to the businesses on what is happening in key market spaces and how to optimize our designs.
* You will lead communications across Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operation, and Supply Chain to understand key features and attributes that customers are willing to either pay a premium for or to help guide the design discussions around what elements are critical to win in the market.
* You will build a partnership between the DtV team and Eaton's Should Cost Team to prepare detailed should cost models for NPI and current production.
* Bachelor's degreefrom an accredited institution
* Minimum of 15years' professional experience in an office or manufacturing environment
* Minimum of 7 years'professional experience in Supply Chain or Engineering
* Bachelor's degreefrom an accredited institution in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain
* 10 or more years'professional experience in Supply Chain or Engineering
* Strongunderstanding of Supply Chain and Materials Management processes and toolsincluding SIOP - Demand / Supply Planning, ERP systems and Category andCommodity Management Strategies
* Strongunderstanding of New Product Development and Value Analysis Value Engineeringprocesses and tools including PROLaunch, Product Lifecycle Management toolssuch as Enovia and VAVE strategies
* Strong understandof database management systems and data analytics processes and tools
* Experience inrationalizing supply chain, materials management, and manufacturing operationsacross multiple sites including the integration of acquired organizations.
* Drives sustainablecost out pipeline to enable year over year cost savings.
* Sound understandingof the financial issues associated with running a multi-facility business.
* Proven track recordof leading supplier performance management improvement initiatives.
* Excellentcommunication, customer service and interpersonal skills
* Strong leadershipand professional presence.
* Ability to buildstrong relationships with our preferred strategic suppliers ensuring propersupplier business reviews are conducted.
* A strong workethic, motivation to succeed and the ability to influence senior leaders areessential to success in this role.
Associated topics: buyer, logistics, meat, plastics, procure, provider, purchase, supply, turnaround, warehouse